Friday, November 10, 2006

Man won't be eating Indian food for a while.

Someone said to me recently that I've posted a lot off "silly Yanks" articles and not enough "silly Brits". Needless to say the complaint was of Irish origin.

This from Fox News today:

A 22-year-old man suffered internal injuries after lighting a small firecracker he had inserted into his buttocks, paramedics said Thursday.

The incident took place Sunday, when Britain celebrated Bonfire Night, traditionally marked with fireworks to celebrate the Guy Fawkes' gunpowder plot to blow up Parliament in the 17th century. The man suffered burns and other unspecified internal injuries in the incident in Sunderland, 275 miles north of London.

Katherine Shenton, a spokeswoman for the North East Ambulance Service, said a caller had phoned in that the victim was bleeding after the firecracker exploded. Several of the man's friends recorded the incident on a mobile phone. The blurry images show a man bent over with his pants down and a white flash as the firecracker explodes.

The Times newspaper reported the man is a soldier who recently returned from Iraq.

..and no I don't have a picture.

Source: Fox News


Anonymous said...

It's for the best your not having a picture of this particular incident. You have to wonder what makes people think that setting off fireworks inside their won body cavities is somehow a good idea.
Brings new meaning to the phrase "Assclown".

Anonymous said...

Also to the phrase "go blow it out your ass"

Lieutenant General Creedon said...

Both good ones folks, any more?

Anonymous said...

He's got his main problem behind him?

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised we've had nothing from a certain Mr O'Connor on this subjct - does he come here at all?
This is 'right up his alley' as the saying goes...

Lieutenant General Creedon said...

Alas the user last known here as Sgt. Dot Matrix has left our community (even Cubaboy's). How tragic.